Oils & Fats International Issue | OFI July/August 2018Subscribe and don't miss an issue.
Our July/August 2018 issue looks at how the automotive industry is using renewable materials derived from oilseeds in all parts of cars, from body panels to interior components and electrical wiring.
We focus on the development of the frying oil market in China, which is expected to rise by 7-8%/year to reach 17-18M tonnes in 2020.
We report on how new technologies, collectively know as genome engineering (GE), are unlocking new ways to improve oil crops while avoiding the stigma associated with GMOs.
On the subject of butter, we look at what led to last year’s butter shortage.
And we examine how Ukraine could emerge as a new major palm oil re-export hub to East European markets, due to its location on the Black Sea.
The July/August issue also includes OFI’s regular mix of news, event listings and statistics.
A bonus distribution of this issue will be made at the:
- 16th Euro Fed Lipid Congress, Belfast, Northern Ireland, 16th-19th September 2018
- Globoil India 2018, Mumbai, India, 26-28 September 2018
- 6th Black Sea Oil Trade, Kyiv, Ukraine, 20 September 2018
July/August 2018 highlights
A quiet revolution
Transport & Logistics News
Renewable Materials News
Diary of Events
At the wheel of sustainability
Rapid development in China
Fashioning designer genes
Ukraine’s re-export potential
Garçon, where’s the butter?
Subscribe and don't miss an issue.
In next months issue:
- Speciality fats and oils – Examining the drivers and challenges in the high oleic oil market
- Instrumentation – Global round-up of developments
- Sustainability – A look at how sustainability jet fuel supply is a pending commercial reality
- Sustainability – A focus on how upgrading roads at oil palm plantations can improve quality and yield
- Plant equipment and technology focus – De Smet writes about the use of dry fractionation technology to produce speciality fats
- Plant equipment and technology focus – OFI reports on some of the latest projects, technology and processes around the world
- Rendering – A focus on the EU rendering sector
- National Renderers Association 85th Annual Convention, California, USA, 22-26 October 2018
- 16th Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, 12-15 November 2018
- China International Oils and Oilseeds Conference (CIOCEN) 2018, Guangzhou, China, 14 November 2018