Oils & Fats International Issue | OFI November/December 2017Subscribe and don't miss an issue.
Our November/December 2017 issue throws a spotlight on how a consortium led by a Brazilian logistics infrastructure company is aiming to alleviate the country’s transport issues with the construction of a new railway connecting the country’s two largest soya producing states with the Amazon river.
In the USA, the election of Donald Trump as president has changed the country’s political landscape both domestically and globally. As the country adopts new policies in trade and environmental protection, OFI looks at the impact on US farmers, the ethanol industry and trade deals such as NAFTA and the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
We examine the uses of moringa oilseed and its many applications, from cosmetics to biofuels.
On the subject of biofuels, we focus on Spain’s biodiesel industry and how its future may be looking a bit brighter after a rough few years with plummeting production, dwindling demand and the high-profile bankruptcy of renewable energy giant Abengoa.
We take a look at the need for food manufacturers to prolong the life of their frying oil with the use of antioxidants.
And we cover some of the latest inspection, testing and certification developments around the world.
The November/December issue also features OFI’s regular usual mix of news, event listings and statistics.
Bonus distributions of this issue will be made at:
- 13th Indonesian Palm Oil Conference (IPOC) and 2018 Price Outlook, Indonesia, 1-3 November 2017
- MPOB International Palm Oil Congress and Exhibition (PIPOC) 2017, Malaysia, 14-16 November 2017
- Palm Oil Refiners Association of Malaysia (PORAM) Annual Forum, Malaysia, 17-18 November 2017
- 12th China International Oils and Oilseeds Conference (CIOC), China, 15 November 2017
- Fuels of the Future 2018, Germany, 22-23 January 2018
November/December 2017 highlights
Investing in value addition
Transport & Logistics News
Renewable Materials News
Diary of Events
Transport & logistics
Blazing the rail through Brazil
The land of free trade?
Keeping deep frying oil alive
The tree of life
Spainish biodiesel: from there to where?
Inspection, testing & certification
Round-up of developments
Subscribe and don't miss an issue.
In next months issue:
- China – The rise of the country’s castor seed industry
- Lauric oils – Focus on the coconut sector in the Carribean
- Palm oil – Report from PIPOC 2017
- Shipping – Chinese companies invest in Ukrainian transport infrastructure
- Plant, equipment & technology focus – global round-up of developments
- Asia – India biofuels market examined
- Price Outlook Conference (POC) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (5th-7th March 2018)
- Fuels of the Future, Berlin, Germany (22-23 January 2018)
- International Rendering Symposium 2018, International Production & Processing Expo (IPPE), Georgia, USA (1 February 2018)