Oils & Fats International Issue | OFI September/October 2018Subscribe and don't miss an issue.
Our September/October 2018 issue looks at the factors limiting the production of high oleic oils despite their nutritional and application advantages.
We focus on the EU rendering industry, which processes some 17M tonnes of animal material from meat production into fat and protein products that can be used in a range of applications including edible fats, oleochemicals, pet food, biodiesel, fish and animal feed.
Desmet Ballestra writes on new crystallisation and separation technologies being used to help meet demand for cocoa butter alternatives.
And we report on the latest projects, technology and process news and developments around the world.
The September/October issue examines how keeping oil plantation roads in good order is essential in ensuring the best quality oil by getting palm fruits bunches quickly to mills for processing
On the topic of instrumentation, we summarise some of the developments relating to companies and testing around the world.
Our sustainability focus looks at how fossil jet fuel alternatives are no longer a concept but a pending commercial reality.
The September/October issue also includes OFI’s regular mix of news, event listings and statistics.
A bonus distribution of this issue will be made at the:
- National Renderers Association 85thAnnual Convention, California, USA, 22-26 October 2018
- PORAM Annual Forum and Dinner, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 26-27 October 2018
Gene editing ruling sparks debate in EU
Transport & Logistics News
Renewable Materials News
Diary of Events
Drivers for high oleics
Circle of life
Processing & technology
From speciality to commodity
Plant & technology
Plant & equipment round-up
The road to success
Flight path to alternative fuelSubscribe and don't miss an issue.
In next month's issue:
- Transport & Logistics - Feature on the major oilseeds/oils trading ports in Pakistan
- Oilseeds - How clubroot is affecting canola crops in Canada and worldwide
- Oilseeds - How extrusion-pressing offers an alternative to solvent processing of soyabeans
- Testing & standards - Olive oil analysis and the processes used to carry out testing
- Testing & standards - Global round-up of news and developments
- Biofuels - Hydrotreated vegetable oil (HVO) explained, with a look at the Neste, the world’s largest HVO producer
- USA - Market focus on the USA’s main oil crops
- 14th Indonesian Palm Oil Conference (IPOC) 2018, 31 October-2 November 2018, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia
- 16th Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RT16), 12-15 November 2018, Kota Kinabalau, Sabah, Malaysia
- China International Oils & Oilseeds Conference (CIOC), 14 November 2018, China
- Fuels of the Future 2019, 21-22 January 2019, Berlin, Germany,